Meeting Street Schools (MSS), a network of four South Carolina schools, was founded on the belief that all students can learn and deserve the opportunity to receive high-quality education, regardless of their socio-economic background. The majority of the students we serve are zoned to attend traditionally failing Title I schools. It is our belief that a student’s zip code should not determine a student’s access to education. At MSS, we believe in a holistic approach to education and work to provide any and all resources that facilitate student success in the classroom and beyond. MSS seeks high-performing educators who desire to join us in our mission to change the status quo of education in South Carolina and prove that higher learning is not only possible but expected for ALL students.
Meeting Street Schools (MSS) Special Education Teachers co-teach alongside a general education teacher in an inclusive classroom setting to support all students in the classroom. The Special Education teacher will co-plan and deliver lessons that incorporate multiple learning modalities, adapt and modify instruction, and create strategies and meaningful interventions to support students’ learning.
We have Special Education Teacher openings at both Meeting Street Elementary @ Brentwood and Meeting Street Elementary @Burns. Both are located at 2685 Leeds Avenue North Charleston, SC 29405.
* Designs and implements Individualized Education Plans in accordance with school/ network/ district/ federal policies and laws
* Provides direct and indirect instruction
* Long and short-term planning addressing individual needs of students
* Evaluates students’ progress
* Teaches a multi-model approach
* Provides an inviting, exciting, innovative, learning environment
* Establishes and maintain classroom management procedures
* Prepares written reports accurately and submits in a timely manner
* Effectively communicates with teachers, parents, and administrators to facilitate the IEP process
* Serves as effective professional liaison between school and home when necessary
* A minimum of 2 years of experience in an educational setting.
* Demonstrated organizational skills.
* Demonstrated ability to relate well to adults and children.
* Team player, ability to work in a collaborative, responsible and professional manner.
* A deep belief of MSS’ vision, to make a difference for under-resourced students.
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
* Goal-oriented, seeks to improve skills through constructive feedback.
* Compassionate, enthusiastic, empathetic and displays a strong work ethic.
* Certification in one or more of the following area(s) is required:
Special Education -- Multi-Categorical
Special Education – Learning Disabilities
Special Education – Emotional Disabilities
Special Education – Other Health Impaired
Special Education – Educable Mental Disabilities or Trainable Mental Disabilities
About Meeting Street Schools
Our vision is to prove what is possible for all students in South Carolina and to fundamentally alter expectations for educators and students working in schools that serve under-resourced communities. Our focus is on schools because we believe that educational opportunity is the gateway for economic and personal achievement.