Meeting Street Schools (MSS) Special Education Teachers co-teach alongside a general education teacher in an inclusive classroom setting to support all students in the classroom. The Special Education teacher will co-plan and deliver lessons that incorporate multiple learning modalities, adapt and modify instruction, and create strategies and meaningful interventions to support students’ learning.
* Designs and implements Individualized Education Plans in accordance with school/ network/ district/ federal policies and laws
* Provides direct and indirect instruction
* Long and short-term planning addressing individual needs of students
* Evaluates students’ progress
* Teaches a multi-model approach
* Provides an inviting, exciting, innovative, learning environment
* Establishes and maintain classroom management procedures
* Prepares written reports accurately and submits in a timely manner
* Effectively communicates with teachers, parents, and administrators to facilitate the IEP process
* Serves as effective professional liaison between school and home when necessary
* A minimum of 2 years of experience in an educational setting.
* Demonstrated organizational skills.
* Demonstrated ability to relate well to adults and children.
* Team player, ability to work in a collaborative, responsible and professional manner.
* A deep belief of MSS’ vision, to make a difference for under-resourced students.
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
* Goal-oriented, seeks to improve skills through constructive feedback.
* Compassionate, enthusiastic, empathetic and displays a strong work ethic.
Our vision is to prove what is possible for all students in South Carolina and to fundamentally alter expectations for educators and students working in schools that serve under-resourced communities. Our focus is on schools because we believe that educational opportunity is the gateway for economic and personal achievement.